-
* Query with andy/meow@R.a.w.R opened on Wednesday, May 23rd 2007, 23:23:05.
* Total queries: 138/~6.2 per day
* Queries today: 13
* Common channels: @#RsHelp @#DM %#rstalk
-
<Erico> Do you have a minute?
<Erico> Are you there?
<andy> .......
<Erico> I'd like to talk about your new channel called #DM
<Erico> Me and a mate have also started a dm channel called #DmScript
<Erico> We've got a bot with almost 3k lines of script
<Erico> And it's 24/7
<andy> k
<Erico> But I know your channel will get users much easier.
<Erico> So we thought about merging.
<andy> hmm
<Erico> Since we got the script, and you got the right advertisements.
<andy> #DM was supposed to be an in-game DM system, but that's not working out so well.
<Erico> We would easy be SwiftIRC's largest Dm channel
<Erico> Since #DmScript already is.
<andy> Yeah, we have people coming in that invite bots...
<Erico> Our user peak is around 40~
<andy> We've told them not to, but they don't listen. Gave up >.<
<andy> Oh, #DM is backed by #RSHelp as well.
<andy> Just not so strongly since it's not working.
<Erico> I know.
<Erico> That's what I thought.
<Erico> We could get LOADS of users.
<andy> I hope Paul doesn't mind...
<andy> It was his idea to have the in-game DM system...
<Erico> Our script pwns #DmGame 'n' #DmServ easily
<andy> The ranking service.
<Erico> Aha
<andy> Also, I hope you're not looking for foundership...
<andy> We idled for weeks for that channel.
<Erico> o
<andy> There was even a services problem and the channel didn't drop.
<andy> It had to be manually dropped.
<Erico> So neither me or my friend will get +q?
<andy> Oh, you can get +q if you merge...
<andy> Just not foundership.
<Erico> Yeh I know.
<Erico> I think you should be the founder tho.
<Erico> It's probably best for the channel.
<andy> hmm
<andy> I'll talk to Tyler (Hazard1309) once he gets back from work, since Paul (Artman00) doesn't show up anymore.
<Erico> We don't really need to keep much of our staff
<Erico> Maybe one or two peoples.
<Erico> One of them is the hoster.
<Erico> And the scripter is called Project-D
<Erico> We're sharing the channel both of us has +q
<andy> Depending on what Tyler says, we might allow all access to merge over...
<andy> We don't have too many people.
<Erico> I see.
<Erico> Do you think all of them gotta stay?
<andy> hmm
<andy> Let me take a quick look.
<Erico> or you could just halfop some of them.
<andy> We only have 11 unique users on access.
<andy> 15 groups.
<Erico> K
<Erico> The peoples I have seen in that have been in the channel is [Sara], Timmy & Tyler mostly.
<Erico> And of course you.
<andy> 5/15 groups are halfop
<andy> Yeah.
<andy> Timmy and Tyler stay.
<Erico> Ok.
<Erico> The rest goes?
<andy> Tyler idled longer than me.
<andy> Sara's great with channels. I gave her #RSPC a while back and it's been great.
<Erico> I have been there in a ~week and you've got a huge ammount of peoples joining but since there's no DM bot they part pretty quick.
<Erico> I think there will be ~30 peoples there constant.
<Erico> I see.
<Erico> I've seen [Sara] much on the network aswell.
<Erico> As op usually.
<andy> Sara's on two user connections.
<andy> Sara and [Sara].
<Erico> Ye.
<Erico> Sarah is another person.
<andy> Yeah.
<Erico> Our bot is hosted by Blair(AKA Blair_S) so he probably wants op.
<andy> Sarah wanted the nick "Sara" but I was a better collector than her. :o
<Erico> :o
<andy> hmm
<andy> Blair_S is #RSPC staff, I believe.
<Erico> I know he can be a bit *cough* annoying *cough* sometimes.
<andy> So that shouldn't be a problem.
<Erico> But he's generally good with channels.
<andy> Yeah. None of his c-ss stuff.
<Erico> And the bot almost never pings out.
<andy> I'm strict on following network rules.
<Erico> Or once in one month
<Erico> Me too.
<andy> He'll at least have to follow them around me.
<Erico> We've had an IRCop(gic) in our channel for a while aswell.
<andy> If he does, we're fine.
<andy> gic hangs out in #RSHelp every once in a while. He made our bot. :)
<Erico> Ye as long as the bot is hosted we're fine.
<andy> No, I mean our service bot.
<andy> :p
<Erico> And if he by some random reason can't host the bot anymore it can't be too hard find another hoster tbh.
<Erico> Which Service bot?
<andy> RSHelp
<Erico> Aha
<Erico> But well
<andy> I used to have it as a custom scripted bot, but I don't use Windows that much now.
<andy> Linux FTW.
<Erico> For scripters it's good yeh.
<Erico> Tho I use Win XP pro.
<andy> Dual boot :D
<Erico> oo
<Erico> Nice nice. ;]
<andy> Windows XP Professional / Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn
<Erico> :o
<Erico> But lets list the staff?
<Erico> First list all of those you want and I'll do the same.
<andy> Been waiting forever.
<Erico> Message in this form: <Name> - <Op/Halfop>
<Erico> And I'll write 'em down and show to Project-D.
<Erico> And you'll do the same to Tyler I guess.
<andy> Not reset yet...
<andy> :(
<andy> Sec.
<Erico> ;(
<Erico> I know a pretty neat name; #RSDM
<Erico> If it's not taken.
#RSDM You have joined too many channels
<andy> How many people from your channel are gonna have the channel password?
<Erico> 2
<andy> That channel's been taken forever.
<Erico> Damn.
<andy> K, I'll list one co-owner then...
<andy> (Counting me as "knowing the channel password")
<Erico> Ye.
<andy> Tyler - Co-owner
<andy> Sara - Op
<andy> FoSho - Halfop
FoSho No such nick
<andy> `Scotty` - Halfop
FoSho No such nick
<andy> Cosmic_Rune (Who) - Halfop
<Erico> Wait wait ..
<Erico> There will be too many.
<andy> o
<andy> Damn, was gonna list one more, too.
<andy> >.<
<Erico> Take away some halfops.
<Erico> Just the best are good enough.
<andy> How many voices am I allowed?
<Erico> Timmy?
<Erico> 2ish
<Erico> And 2ish for me
<andy> Oh, that's who Silence is.
<andy> I forgot his group nick.
<Erico> We can make the voices able to kick.
<Erico> but not ban.
<andy> I think I'm ahead of that o.O
<andy> Checking
<andy> Nope, didn't set the levels yet.
<andy> I'll copy the levels from #RSHelp, if that's OK...
<Erico> Yeh.
<Erico> I guess.
<Erico> I don't know the levels in there really.
<andy> It allows us to have 2 types of voices. One that can kick and one that can't.
<Erico> Ah good.
<andy> hmm
<andy> How many ops?
<Erico> 2 ea? (except for you)
<Erico> I'll just take me 'n' Project-D(and Blair)
<andy> hmm
<Erico> You can take 3
<andy> Tyler, Timmy, Sara.
<Erico> Good.
<Erico> That was the ones I wanted.
<Erico> But Tylers with chan pass?
<andy> Yes.
<Erico> Ok how many halfops ea?
<andy> hmm
* andy counts what he chose
<Erico> 1?
<Erico> 2?
<andy> jk^
<Erico> lol!
<andy> hmm
<Erico> Since it won't be as many peoples as in RsHelp we might no need too many.
<Erico> I just want.
<Erico> 1
<andy> I really was hoping for thee, but two would suffice...
<Erico> Cabola
<andy> three*
<Erico> Ok 2 for u, 1 for me?
<Erico> That's good, since I don't want anymore anyway.
<andy> I'll do iHelp and `Joshua (Jacnoc). This is subject to change, though, since they're becoming less active.
<Erico> oo, you changed your mind totally.
<andy> If it does change, it'll be FoSho and Who (Cosmic_Rune).
<Erico> Though, do you know there's such a good idea to have iHelp as halfop?
<Erico> Or is iHalp 'n' iHelp same person?
<andy> I'm not talking about iHalp.
<andy> iHalp was, I believe, created to insult iHelp.
<Erico> Aha.
<Erico> Then nvm.
<andy> iHelp and `Joshua used to run our bots, until the common bots got into the channel.
<Erico> So like this?:
<Erico> andy - owner
<Erico> Erico - owner
<Erico> Project-D - owner
<Erico> Blair_S - op
<Erico> Timmy - op
<Erico> [Sara] - op
<Erico> Tyler - op
<Erico> Cabola - halfop
<Erico> iHelp - halfop
<Erico> `Joshua - halfop
<andy> As voices, I'd like `Scotty`, Connor, and Jc (Jcownsj00).
<andy> o
* Day changed to Thursday, May 24th 2007.
Session Time: Thu May 24 00:00:00 2007
<andy> Connor is on every once in a while for about 5 mins - an hour and I haven't seen Jc for a while.
<Erico> As voices I'd like Remy
<Erico> `slushpuppy\
<Erico> [Lisa]
<andy> I'll really have to talk to Tyler, since I don't know if he likes Blair_S that much.
<andy> I might be thinking about someone else, though.
<Erico> k
<Erico> Which of those voices you chosed should be avible to kick?
<andy> `Scotty`
<andy> Since he's on the most.
<Erico> k
<Erico> [Lisa] here
<Erico> [Lisa] is btw op or co-owner in #rspc i think
#rspc You have joined too many channels
<andy> Lisa is co-owner, yes.
<Erico> well here's the list I got.
<Erico> Tell me if it's something you'd like to change.
<Erico> andy - owner
<Erico> Erico - owner
<Erico> Project-D - owner
<Erico> Blair_S - op
<Erico> Timmy - op
<Erico> [Sara] - op
<Erico> Tyler - op
<Erico> Cabola - halfop
<Erico> iHelp - halfop
<Erico> `Joshua - halfop
<Erico> `Scotty` - voice(k)
<Erico> Connor - voice
<Erico> Jc - voice
<Erico> [Lisa] - voice(k)
<Erico> `slushpuppy\ - voice
<Erico> Remy - voice
<Erico> (k) = can kick
<andy> No, I said Tyler as my co-owner.
<Erico> oh k
<andy> I see where I went wrong on that, I accidently said him as an op. :$
<Erico> editted that now.
* Erico is writing a .txt file with the full staff
<Erico> :P
<andy> k
<andy> `Scotty`'s not liking this :/
<Erico> You showed it to him?
<andy> Oh, and is it OK to have iKick in there?
<andy> No, just asked him about him being voice.
<Erico> Why would we need iKick?
<Erico> Then replace him with one of the halfops maybe?
<andy> :/
<andy> The halfops are the people that hosted the bots...
<Erico> Those bots are not needed anymore.
<andy> I'd still like to award them for their bots.
<Erico> Aha
<Erico> Hm..
<Erico> Well
<Erico> One halfop more might wouldn't hurt.
<Erico> ;)
<andy> :)
<andy> Also, the bot owners do more than IRC right now, so they might not be on that much.
<andy> It OK for `Scotty` to be a halfop, though?
<Erico> But if any of the staff starts to get very inactive we might should think about deopping them.
<Erico> Yes.
<Erico> Ok well here's the updated list:
<andy> k
<Erico> andy - owner
<Erico> Erico - owner
<Erico> Project-D - owner
<Erico> Tyler - co-owner
<Erico> Blair_S - op
<Erico> Timmy - op
<Erico> [Sara] - op
<Erico> Cabola - halfop
<Erico> iHelp - halfop
<Erico> `Joshua - halfop
<Erico> `Scotty` - halfop
<Erico> Connor - voice
<Erico> Jc - voice
<Erico> [Lisa] - voice(k)
<Erico> `slushpuppy\ - voice
<Erico> Remy - voice
<Erico> MarshMallow - voice(k)
<Erico> What do you think?
<Erico> And also why do we need iKick in there?
<andy> hmm
<andy> Cus I'm admin on it. :S No real reason.
<andy> xD
<andy> We have it in 99% of the RSHelp channels.
<Erico> We could might have it in there ... as regular ...
<andy> Yeah.
<Erico> Ok.
<Erico> Fine.
<Erico> So that staff list is ok?
<andy> hmm
<andy> Tyler's at the same rank as you and your co-owners o.O
<andy> Other than that, yeah.
<Erico> Ye
<Erico> he has +q
<andy> k
<Erico> so does we
<andy> Just wanted to make sure that you didn't see co-owner as lower than owner.
<Erico> you just said co-owner so I wrote that :P
<andy> o.O
<andy> Oh, OK.
<Erico> A problem though is the timezones.
<Erico> I am livning in GMT
<Erico> living*
<Erico> You are in GMT+6(ish)?
<andy> No.
<andy> GMT-5
<Erico> oh
<Erico> o ye
<Erico> thought wrong
<Erico> So there's not many days except this one we can actually do the merge.
<andy> :/
<andy> Why not tomorrow?
<Erico> School, I can't be on this late
<andy> Oh.
<Erico> And I am away the whole weekend
<Erico> Well
<andy> I don't know.
<Erico> 'Cause otherwise we will have to wait another week
<Erico> Shall we wait a week?
<andy> Probably should, unless Tyler comes home early.